Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Molding and painting



Hi all,
Short overview of what is on my workbench at the moment.
First I did the molds of my little rabbit. It was my first attempt of molding and it works quite well, I’m very happy with the level of details I was able to reach. The body in resin gave me also the opportunity to correct the position of the right arm.


Then I started to paint it, I only did the tank suit and the helmet for the moment. I used Russian Khaki from Andrea Color range, I really like this color, this kind of faded green is very nice.


Wednesday, April 17, 2013

MicroArmour from GHQ



While my rabbit is on the workbench waiting to be painted I would like to talk about a brand I discovered a few months ago and from which I received my first order weeks ago. This brand is GHQ and the range I bought products from is MicroArmour. They are 1/285 scale WWII tanks.
I have to tell you that I was very surprised when I received my order: the quality of the products is amazing, really, I think this is the best quality of metal tanks I have ever seen. The details are very fine and well designed and there is almost nothing to sand or cut, very few casting marks etc. When you see how small are those tanks I have to say that I wish the tracks and metal parts from Battlefront were about the same quality.
I found one guy on the internet who was doing modulation on those GHQ models so I hope to have the skill to do so …
But because pictures are better than words, especially in this case, please, see by yourself. I put the SU-152 beside with the one from Battlefront to let you judge the size of the model.
I hope to show you soon my first attempt on those micro monsters.







Saturday, April 13, 2013

Lend-lease trucks



Fast paintjob on those ones but I’m satisfied with the result. The modulation effect is nicely visible and I’m happy with the guys in the cargo. To make it a little bit more difficult I decided to make the windscreen and to reproduce the dust on it, this was the longest to do. I made the windscreen cleaners with a piece of wire.






Sunday, April 7, 2013

First sculpting attempt



I’m very proud to show you my first attempt in 28mm miniature sculpting. I made it with FIMO SOFT sculpting stuff, the green areas you see is the reaction during cooking of the Green Stuff under the FIMO. Of course this is not perfect, you can see that there is a problem with the position of the arm holding the tool and the details are not very fine but I’m pretty happy with the overall result.