Sunday, January 6, 2013

T34-76s for Flames of War

Six T34-85s were not enough to build a Tankovy Company so I did T34-76s. I improved my modulation effect, those tanks are really better than the first ones, more contrasted, I’m happy I’m improving, even if you can’t see it on the pictures (I’m really a bad photographer). I didn’t do any changes on the models this time my idea was to make them faster than the other platoon and to focus more on the painting work than the modelling. You can see on the first pictures the result after the modulation step. Hope you’ll like those ones.
Here you can see how they look before the weathering step.
Here they're finished.
One picture with the T34-85s aside.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

T34-85s for Flames of War

Here it is, my first post!! Two months ago one friend of mine started to collect minis for Flames of War. It didn’t take me long to be in love with those small scale minis. As my friend collects the Eastern front Germans I decided to play Soviets. I love tanks, this is not new for those who know me, so I started with few T34/85s to build a Tankovy Company. I’m sorry for the quality of the pictures but I had a small issue with my camera and I had to use my iPad for some of them. As you can see I added some details to the model before painting, it takes a long time to do so and I think I will not do so many details for the next ones. I’m not yet comfortable with this scale, some scratches and effects are too big but this was the first time I used the modulation painting technique and I’m quite happy with the result. I used the Modulation set for Russian vehicles from AK Interactive and I’m very happy with it.

New year, new blog

Perfect timing to start a new blog. My first blog was about my work on Warhammer 40000 minis, this one will be about my other small projects. There will be mostly finished models but also few painting tips. I hope you’ll enjoy it.